Saturday, October 14, 2006

Webhosting... oh my, all the choices.

Webhosting provides the backbone for your business. Comparing it to a brick and mortar business... it's the foundation.

Build on a strong foundation and your business will "stand up" for years to come. Build on a shaky foundation, and it's always at risk of crashing to the ground.

How do you choose your webhost?

First you must assess your own needs, as well as your inventory your current (or easily learnable) skills.

You must consider your budget... and free webshosting just isn't really useful for ANY business application. Be sure to forecast out at least a year or two. Will you be able to grow easily?

When it comes to webhosting, I wrote a comprehensive article on what to look for.

For me, and I'm sure for many others, I have found that the most important things are the ability to communicate with my webhost in a very timely manner. That means I can call by phone, get live support online, and have a responsive helpdesk.

Ranked right up there on top also is reliability. After all, when your site is down, your business is closed. There's just no other way to say it.

My third criteria has been the "growth factor". How easy is it to grow? What happens when you decide to add another domain? Can you add and drop e-mail addresses at will?
How about scripts? Today's web sites are much more complex than they used to be.

With that said, y'all know that after almost three years, Kiosk WebHosting is my choice. They rank #1 with me for all the right reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home